View Single Post
Old 04-04-2011, 12:50 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I haven't been on this site for a long time, just happened to be passing by. My daughter was diagnosed with TS about the same age as your son. I have spent years trying to understand TS and advocating for my daughter. She is 23 and graduating from college. She has been practically on every medicine that could be prescribed for TS in the book. For her, none of them were successful and they created horrible side effects. I would consider consulting with a pediatric neurologist or a pediatric psychiatrist. Ideally, it would be good if they were well versed in TS. With your son's tics being so mild and without the vocal tics, if it was me, I would just let the facial tics exist. My daughter is med free and prefers to just deal with it and she has both vocal & motor tics. To be diagnosed with TS, a person has to have vocal and motor tics for one year. Obviously the anger management must be dealt with. My daughter had anger issues. It seems to be comorbid with TS, but it is a separate issue. I don't know much about ADHD. Many medications can make TS worst, including stimulants. You definitely need to deal with the behavioral issues. I'll keep in touch here. Good luck and just know you are a good mother and your son is lucky that you love him and are intelligent enough to question.
Dawneedo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Lara (04-08-2011)