View Single Post
Old 04-04-2011, 01:00 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Interventional Neurologist

I have suffered from RSD for 8 years. I've been adequately treated by TWO physicians in these years. 1.. An Anesthesiologist who specialized in RSD. He did many procedures on me, not just gave me pain meds.
NOW #2. An INTERVENTIONAL NEUROLOGIST! Since RSD is a Disease OF THE SYMPATHETIC NERVOUS SYSTEM, a NEUROLOGIST IS the type of physician that specializes in THE NERVOUS SYSTEM!
BUT .. BEWARE ... most Neurologists these days Subspecialize - like Seizure Disorders or Parkinson's Disease. THESE NEUROLOGISTS WILL BE OF NO HELP TO YOU.
You need to find an INTERVENTIONAL NEUROLOGIST that specializes in RSD, CRPS, etc.
Once I started with this doctor, everything has changed. I ONLY go to him - and my Oncologist/Gynecologist for my Cancer. I don't just take pain meds. I take a combo of seizure meds, bi-polar meds, anti-depressants & others. The "Interventional" part means that he can do surgical procedures to help you.

I have wasted literally Thousands of Dollars going to the wrong type of doctors before my NEUROSURGEON ( Brain Surgeon ) had this doctor come examine me while I was in the hospital.
Do yourself a favor. Find one.
By the way, my name is Lori also.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorigood243 View Post
i have not been to one yet for my rsd. mt primary care didnt even suggest it...i think SandyRI suggested it in a post the other day.

what will a neurologist to for me or to me? i dont have any money and the little amount i get i have to pay pain doctor co pays..mine are high, my insurance isnt good. my biggest complaint is all this swelling on my abdomen ...my primary care is an internist and he doesnt know what to do... i have had brain mri done that never showed anything...

please tell me what your neurologist has done for you if you have internal rsd...thanks it will help me decide where to spend my money.sorry i am harping on my problem this week..i am getting scared because this swelling is squishing my ind=sides up to my lungs, i cant get comfortable...i cant go to a hospital because they dont gave anything to offer besides more pain meds. i can deal with my pain level..but the crushing pressure is scary

thank you for all your support
Lori
yiisd is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
birchlake (04-05-2011), gramE (04-04-2011)