View Single Post
Old 04-04-2011, 03:57 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6pack View Post
I'm told that I will continue to wear a collar for 3 months. I'm curious what happens after taking it off?! I'm worried about muscle loss. How long does it take to regain? Is it just time or is physio a smart investment?

Good news, I'm feeling alot better since my surgery on the 16th of March

Dave
Hi all,
I'm confused, my husband is 4 1/2 weeks out of posterior cervical fusion. We just went to his first post op last week and his surgeon said he only had to wear his soft collar when he drove, the larger one came off after 2 weeks. The collar was bothering him the most, causing the sparms he speaks of and that I have read here. Since he doesn't wear the collar anymore those spasms really have supsided especially over the last couple of days. He really perked up over the weekend. Just wondering.

Good luck to all that are recovering. This was my husbands 3rd back surgery. He has had 2 lumbar in the past, the first was a mess the 2nd was a complete revision was a great success. My husband has spinal stenosis,I hope this is the last one. My heart truly goes out to all that have to endure these type of procedures.

Gabbycakes
gabbycakes is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote