View Single Post
Old 04-04-2011, 08:46 AM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

im sorry you continue to struggle. here are a few things that help me. Sometimes nothing helps. sometimes a few tricks make it bearable to fall asleep.

heat. a heating pad or electric blanket help the muscles relax

a warm/hot bath. Relax in the warm water. Epsom salts do help. Baking soda makes your skin feel great.

Meditation. Fake it till you make it. Meditate and focus on feeling your muscles relax. even if they are not listening. Force your mind to feel them let go. This is best done after that warm bath.

muscle rub creams. Bengay or tiger balm. Many names to choose. They do help if you lay down and let them.

Massage. I have a hand held vibrator massager. I allow it to help the muscles to let go.

A TENS unit. I got a wrap around belt for my tens electrodes. its like a belt you see on those workers in Home Depot, but you can drag it up or down as you see fit. The electrodes do deep stim of the muscles and that helps.

Sleep! sleep is huge! Sometimes I will take any pill that will make me sleepy enough to nod off. xanax or a muscle relaxer or even my pain pills just so I can refill my cup.

Last but not least is avoidance of those things that trigger you. Carrying a child on your hip. Groceries or laundry baskets on your hips dont help. DONT cross your legs! it throws your back out of aignment. Find time to lay flat and stretch those muscles. Do daily yoga or stretches. it really helps.

oh yea, chiropractors are amazing for me. Some folks get no relief, some folks get great relief. For me, I will keep going because it works.

Feel better!

Betaseron 5/18/07

Elevated LFTs Beta DC 7/07
Copaxone 8/7/07

Dejibo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
SallyC (04-04-2011)