Thread: Good News!
View Single Post
Old 09-17-2006, 08:20 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Thanks for the congrats and good wishes! Gromlily, I can't wait for that first airport adventure with the SCS G-Mom, so good to see you here! How are things with you?

The ketamine treatment really did work for awhile, but wore off after 4-5 months, and insurance isn't paying for any of it. Some people in AU are having it done multiple times (it's paid for through national health service) and see longer-lasting results each time, but I would worry about cumulative effects of the treatment I think, the in-patient part is pretty tough on the mind.

The coma treatment in Germany was mentioned, but I'd rather wait a few years and see where things stand and if other pain-relief options become available. I think the SCS is the way to go for now, hopefully it works for me! I go for a history/physical on Wednesday and get my bloodwork done this week, and then am scheduled to have the trial implant done on the 29th at 11:00 a.m.

My lawyer got our request for damages out a week ago, am so GLAD to be done chasing receipts, bills, cancelled checks, insurance statements, etc, for the last 3 1/2 years! All the expenses are itemized, future needs asked for (that we know of), lost wages figured, everything totalled up to put a dollar amount to my injury. As if you ever really could!

My lawyer says to just expect the other side's first offer will make me mad, it will be so low, so to just expect it. Not sure when we'll hear back, think they have 30 days to respond. But it could drag on for months.

The end is near though, and I'm hanging tough!!

beth
beth is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote