View Single Post
Old 04-04-2011, 11:45 AM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieF View Post
Neuro that dumped me 2 yrs ago gave me one of his medical papers showing trials. 1 with the least side effects was Estriol (one of the 3 estrogens) which put me on the estogen/progesterone research hunt. I uncovered so much corruption within drug co's and fda that I gave up however - I did get the estriol I was after. 4mg with 4mg progesterone. The progesterone needs to be at least 50mg I believe. I know progesterone helps TBI yet I don't think it's widely used. And after the news story last night & nght before on progesterone that went from 20$/shot to 1500$/shot overnight cause FDA approved it for preventing premature births, i'm gonna stop here.

Yes hormones play a role. Please keep researching this for all of us. Was my 1st thread I believe when I joined this site and why.
I really do believe that there is a connection. I will have to "hunt" for it again, but there is a book co-written by a woman who had MS. During the peri-menopause stage of her life, things got worse for her. She writes a little bit about it in the book. Once she got her hormones balanced some of the MS symptoms lessened and/or went away. If I find it again, I will post it. I saw a little bit of it on google books but I can't remember what I was searching.
tkrik is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
EddieF (04-05-2011), SallyC (04-04-2011)