View Single Post
Old 03-02-2007, 03:41 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Tammy-
Sounds like you didn't get and anesthetic for your injection procedure, I always have...I am a big fat needle baby!!!

I have had the nerve block and two rounds of Botox injections. Each time they have injected several points, like you mentioned. The nerve block was the first, and when they did the procedure I was sitting there all happy afterwards (still pretty anestitized) and he asked if I needed any pain meds (i wasn't taking any at the time) and I said no i was fine...then I got home and that evening when the anestesia wore off i was seeing stars. I had never hurt that much from the TOS... I think in my case, that I react badly to the injections because I swell afterwards. Anyhow, I hurt for a good two weeks from the nerve block. When I called the doctors office to ask about it they said oh yeah, they did usually hurt...(thanks for telling me BEFORE!!!)

SO, call your docs office for SURE- throwing up sounds bad. But expect it to hurt some, and for a while. I have the same problem with the botox injections...they really really hurt for a week or two, then calm down. Unfortunately both times have only lasted about 6 weeks total, and I have spent 3-4 of that still hurting from the shots, so I am not going to do that again.

johannakat is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote