Thread: TENS Unit
View Single Post
Old 04-04-2011, 04:25 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Smile TENS unit

Quote:
Originally Posted by frenchfri1003 View Post
Hi, just wondering if anyone has ever used a TENS unit. The PT suggested that I get a script for one from my OSS. I had a 2 level ACDF on 12/9/2010. I still get major neck and shoulder pain, knots and spasms. I have been on the computer alot of work. I am a teacher and tend to look down quite a bit or turn very quickly. My ROM has increased, but my strength is still quite poor. I use the cervical stim 4 hours a day. I went back to work on 2/14/2011 and started PT on 2/21/2011. I still have some swallowing issues, not major. Has anyone used the TENS for pain? How did is work? Was it worth it? Thanks for your responses.
My husband has had a TENS unit from the VA for years. He had surgery on his foot, so hasn't used it for a while, but he says he received good relief. I had gotten it out the other day, as a matter of fact, to use it for my L4, L5 discs, and sciatic nerve pain. He just put it back on me-- two electrodes, anyway. (I had torn it up a bit when I was wearing it at a meeting and the unit, I guess, turned waaayyyy up!!!! I was up jumping around like a mad women, saying "Take it off, take it off!!" and pulling at the wires") I haven't used it since, until I read your post and thought I would give it another try. It's buzzing away now, though, and it is, at least, a distraction from the pain.

My sister is on Medicare due to SS disability was able to get an internal unit and she gets very good results. It really does block the nerves. She and I have just about the same neuro hx and sx, which leads us to believe that some of our problems are genetic, especially looking back at our father.

Good luck with your tens. I think you can be optimistc about getting some relief. I imagine you're very active with your teaching! God bless you for your contribution to our society and the physical struggles you have. Linda
linda_sd02 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
tamiloo (04-04-2011)