View Single Post
Old 04-04-2011, 05:21 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Different dr.'s, different opinions...

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabbycakes View Post
Hi all,
I'm confused, my husband is 4 1/2 weeks out of posterior cervical fusion. We just went to his first post op last week and his surgeon said he only had to wear his soft collar when he drove, the larger one came off after 2 weeks. The collar was bothering him the most, causing the sparms he speaks of and that I have read here. Since he doesn't wear the collar anymore those spasms really have supsided especially over the last couple of days. He really perked up over the weekend. Just wondering.

Good luck to all that are recovering. This was my husbands 3rd back surgery. He has had 2 lumbar in the past, the first was a mess the 2nd was a complete revision was a great success. My husband has spinal stenosis,I hope this is the last one. My heart truly goes out to all that have to endure these type of procedures.

Gabbycakes
it seems there are large variances in opinions on wearing the hard collar after surgery. Every doctor seems to have different rules... It must have a little to do with the levels fused and damage also, but I see lot of differences in length of time to wear them. I agree, they do cause a lot of the spasms, but if my dr says wear it, I will continue, I won't like it, but I'll do it... Ugh. Lol.... Also, my surgery was anterior, not posterior, that may have a factor in it too.

Glad your husband is doing well! nice to see success stories!
Cathie
cath1 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote