View Single Post
Old 04-04-2011, 06:48 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Natalie, I had 1 spinal tap and I hope I never have to have another. However, if my family was hungry and I didn't have the money to buy food for them I would consider a LP for $200.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you. I hope you test negative!!!!!!!!

Daisy, I'm so sorry!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is going to be a hard decision for you to make My neuro doesn't do the CD4 test. I asked about it once and she said that the test results would be affected by the fact that I'm on Ty every 4 weeks.

Kara, welcome to the group. Infusion #43 is coming up at the end of this week. They consider me a "hard stick". My feeling is that if I find someone who can hit my vein that is the person I request. I think I have the right to do that and I wouldn't go off of Ty because it was inconvenient for the infusion center. Is your dr really that strongly against having another dr put the needle in your hand???? Perhaps if you talk to him about it he will see that it is easier for you and this is the medication that you want. Good luck!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have my infusions every 4 weeks. I've tried going longer and it just didn't work for me. I need Ty every 28 days.

RW, how long since you had the JCV test???? I'm curious because I had mine just after Thanksgiving and I have been told I will be tested once a year. I'm the only one of my neuro's patients on Ty who tested negative. But, most have decided to continue with Ty because it has helped them so much.

BTW, I still have the sinus and double ear infection. But, at least I'm getting my Ty

hugs to all,
Shayna

Last edited by shayna; 04-04-2011 at 07:05 PM.
shayna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Grammie 2 3 (04-05-2011), Natalie8 (04-04-2011), Riverwild (04-08-2011)