View Single Post
Old 04-04-2011, 08:17 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmom3005 View Post
Do you have a neuro that handles the vertigo along with your migraines.
If not this is one of the first steps I would take to find answers.

Migraine vertigo for me was and is different than other kinds. But the
other kinds were worse. SO it honestly doesn't really sound like you
have the balance and vertigo issues I had. That lead my neuro-opthamalogist
to sending me to a Physical therapist. For vertigo and balance issues.

This is what helped me the most for my issues. But I believe one of the
things that helped my doctor determine the need was the fact that my
symptoms had always been there. Since I was a child, and it wasn't
associated with a accident. It at times was associated with migraines.

But not always.

Donna

Well, unfortunately my Neuro doesn't seem to really care too much about the vertigo. My first initial visit with him I told him about it and he said, "eh, just take some valium." Obviously I didn't. Then I called a month later to ask about valium and meclizine... and he refused and said I should not be on valium. I was fine with it because I was only asking his professional opinion about it, however, the fact that one minute he told me to take and the next to avoid it didn't exactly instill a whole lot of confidence in me.

Then during my last visit with him I asked him what he thought the vertigo might be from, and he said it was likely from the migraines. That being said, his lack of concern made me question if he just said yes because he didn't really know. Or, because of his profession, he's only going by what he knows. He won't examine the possibility that it's because of something else.

So my whole purpose of asking if there was a difference between the different types of vertigo was because I was curious to know if there was a way to tell which ones it could be and which one it definitely is not. For instance, I know some have the feeling that the room is spinning, others it's as though they are off balance.
Jingles1987 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Dmom3005 (04-07-2011)