View Single Post
Old 03-02-2007, 04:15 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default DONNA 7 Reply from last night

This site will not let me reply to you so i have to do it this way

Hi Sandy! I agree with Di...sounds more like a circulation issue than nerves. Not sure an EMG would help. Do you have any numbness in your hand?[/SIZE][/COLOR] The claviculectomy (shaving of the collar bone) was probably done to relieve some impingement on the rotator cuff, possibly, due to your bursitis/arthritis. Do you have a lot of joint pain in that shoulder? Are you diabetic? The frozen shoulder dx is a bit puzzling...I think it's usually very painful in the early stages. Was your shoulder immobilized after the surgery? What does your physical therapist think?

I do have some numbness in my hand...but i cant tell if its true numbness or from just being so swollen.... I was saying before i have a new thing going on now..From my shoulder blade in the back-under armpit-and 1/2 of right breast is numb now! If i bend my fingers back i would rather die then have that pain....its even in my wrist! OUCH Same when i try to bend my fingers to make a fist, (thats not happening)
As far as joint pain, uhmm i sometimes have shooting pains(not all the time) most of the time when i am sitting still i have no pain in it at all....BUT when i try to move it behind me(cant touch my back pocket) if i try to move it up its hurts like HECK! No im not a diabetic but it does run in my family... I had my arm in a sling for Maybe 7 days after surgery...And my PT faxed a letter to my surgeon stating that i was not doing well in PT...After going 2 times a week and doing exercises at home still no more progress and she stated in that letter that she thinks i may have RSD(then the dr took that and ran with it)
Like i said i have been trying to contact my surgeon all week for a nerve test and he has yet to even return a phone call. Im about ready to go get a lawyer at this point!
sandy
lasalp is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote