Thread: Radio no mo'
View Single Post
Old 04-05-2011, 08:35 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radioboy View Post
I am a radio announcer and just had to give up a 15 year morning show due to neuropathy in my feet that is so bad most times, it feels like my feet are going to explode. I'm on 3600 mgs. of neurontyn daily.....and that doesn't help concentration when you're on the air. I had no choice but to step aside.
I have an appointment for a consult with a neurosurgeon-----
........My mother died at almost the same age I am now of "Sjogren's Syndrome'--a rare auto-immune disease. I've been to three neurologists-----all the way to Cleveland Clinic---and I'm thinking seriously about checking out everything with a rheumatologist because of my mother's history......................
Hopkins has a study going regarding Sjogren's and hereditary relationships.
It is classed with Neuropathy.
Have you thought of switching to Lyrica?
I did. I was on 4200mgs/day neurontin.
Now I'm on 600mgs/day Lyrica.
Lyrica has less side effects at lower dosages to achieve results.

I know what it takes to do a radio show. Many years ago (1960's), I used to be the mid-week all-night (11pm to 6am), on-air man, and production director for a radio station in a resort town by the ocean. It was a year-round job, not seasonal.
Sorry you had to go off-air. Maybe if you can get your pain under control and have less side effects, you could go back to an on-air job.
I now work with power tools and drive a small truck while taking my meds-and have very little side effects and can handle my job well. Its all in the pain control, and tolerances for certain meds.
Hope you can get the help you need.