View Single Post
Old 04-05-2011, 11:45 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default neurocardigenetic syncope

Hi everyone! My name is Hannah and I have had this disorder since I was in 4th grade. Anytime I get panic or really nervous, say doing an oral presentation or lately it has been performing new skills or learning new things in nursing school (in the hospitals) I get very nervous and I am always having to sit or leave a patient's room to avoid passing out. It's terrible now more than ever because I love nursing and love learning but can't seem to get this disorder under control on my own.
My husband had some xanax and last weekend when I had clinicals in the hospital I took 1 because I knew I would be giving meds and shots to a patient for the first time, which is a recipe for fainting for me! I took 1 xanax earlier and did great! Wasn't nervous and no fainting symptoms. Anyone have experience with taking xanax? I'm thinking that maybe only taking it on my clinical weekends (which is sat/sun every other weekend for 5 hours each day) may eliminate the panic/nervous state that leads to fainting. Thoughts???
hannahsm23 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Dmom3005 (04-07-2011)