View Single Post
Old 04-05-2011, 12:07 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Time For Me to Get A NeuroTalk Update

I joined NeuroTalk last summer, after I was diagnosed with Small Fiber Neuropathy. Following the many good recommendations of the forum, I started taking supplements. Now, I'd like to review what I'm taking, report on changes, and open the floor for comments.

This is what I am currently taking:

A multiple vitamin
R-Lipoic Acid 100 mg
Q-Absorb (Co-Q10) 300 mg
Magnesium Optomizer: Magnesium 200 mg, Potassium 100 mg, Taurine 600 mg
Ecotrin (asperin) 81 mg
Vitamin D3 4000 IU
Schiff MegaRed (Krill oil) 900 mg
Benfotiamine 150 mg
L-Lysine 1000 mg
Acetyl L-Carnitine 1000 mg
L-Arginine 1000 mg
L-Ornithine 500 mg
Methylcobalamin 5000 mcg
D-Ribose 5 g to 40 g per day

Throughout the Fall 2010, I experienced improvement. For example, 95% of my terrible night foot cramps went away. My skin burning sensation also decreased. Around December, I decided to delete the L-Lysine and see if I could get by without it. Burning sensation flared up again, so I went back to L-Lysine, but I have not been able to return to the low level of symptoms that I previously had.

mrsD often advises to consider diet, food, behavior, and other things that might act as "triggers." With regard to my diet, I have been off wheat, yeast, sugar, legumes, garlic, onion since 1998. I do not notice that I have problems with nightshades, specifically potatoes and tomatoes. They seem to be okay for me. I try to exercise — mostly walking — as much as my chronic fatigue will allow. My biggest trigger seems to be stress, especially having to do with money and finances. Generally, I have the sense that my symptoms are getting worse because the burning is spreading to new parts of my body.

So.

Because it's possible that I am taking too much or too little of the above supplements, or that I am missing something altogether, I would appreciate your response and comment.

Thanks in advance!
Nervous is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote