View Single Post
Old 04-05-2011, 02:02 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo*mar View Post
I just came across a video the other day while looking for fibromyalgia information.

The chiropractor was saying , or his theory, was that for many of the muscular/skeletal problems and related conditions people will have some sort of muscle relaxer rx'd but no one looks deeper into why the mus/skel problems developed in the first place or the cause of the pain/sx.

His theory was that the muscle relaxers make the problem worse.
by loosening up the muscles too much and allowing the joints and ligaments too much freeplay and that equals more damage and no healing.

It just made me wonder if, what if half of those on muscle relaxers really are making themselves more prone to additional or chronic injuries, instead of the meds helping them to heal.

I'll have to re find that vid it did give me something to think about.

update-
well I haven't found it yet.. many other DC's with vids about FM is a brain disorder and not a muscle problem... the vid I saw was different from these others that I'm seeing today - these are practically the same script..ppfftt.
yea, makes sense, but what about the painful reasons I took them to begin with. without muscle relaxers, I don't know what I would've done, and I didn't take the strongest ones, not even strong enough for me at the time, but I do know the RELIEF I got when I realized after I would drive for an hour and a half, if I just took 1/2 or that Flexeril, I didn't hurt in my forearms as much. That meant a whole lot at the time. Pain pills didn't give me that kind of relief. a nerve pill would help some too.

I'm not as bad, so if I do take any it's a half or 1/4.

It may, in fact, loosen joints, but too much pain makes you

I was better off with them for 8 to 10 years than I was trying not to take them for 3 months. then when I would take 2 a day, I got relief. what about the muscles being tooooo tight and not being able to do ADLs and all that. A dirty body is no fun.

Just ranting about it, not at you. I so appreciate all your info you give to us.

It makes me think too. It makes me want to fight to get stronger without any need for meds in my life. Probably not reality.

Getting a new low impact CircleGlide thingy off of HSN. for my lower body. it really needs it. Should be here the 12th. I'll let you all know how that goes. it will strengthen the core some too.

http://www.hsn.com/infomercial/tony-...&ccm=HF|ig0001

Can't wait to try it out. Boy, do I need it.

(Broken Wings) is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ginnie (04-05-2011), Jomar (04-05-2011)