Thread: Ketamine/RSD
View Single Post
Old 04-05-2011, 05:24 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I have been having ketamine infusions for 4 years now I started with the 10 day out patient, the seventh day my pain got worse due to the ketamine dosage to high for my body to handle, so this held us another week back. Then we started again but this time we stayed at the amount I had on the 6th day and didnt increase.
Most of the times for the 10 day out patient with this doctor he will go 10 day out then one day every week for a month, then one day every other week for a month and then once a month. For me though my body couldnt go longer then the week so for 2 years I stayed on once every week then a year once every other week. I am now on once a month along with ketamine nasal spray and ketamine losanges(not sure if thats the right spelling)

The ketamine has helped me alot before I started the ketamine I was in the hospital every 3 weeks and could be in there sometimes for 2 weeks. I also started with needing to use crutches or a wheel chair and I am now walking, I walk slow but its so much better then the crutches I was on(I always had to watch for tripping).
The infusions I get helps settle down my body, then the nasal sprays help with everyday burning pain(it numbs the nerves down), and the ketamine losanges I take just when I need a little more, but it really doesnt help as much as the infusions and nasal sprays do.
When I do go into flares which is about every 6-8 weeks and I end up hospitalized I am put on a constant ketamine drip which really helps to get me out faster. I have also had several surgeries in which they used ketamine before, during, and after it and it help control flares and to keep me from getting worse. I really dont know how I would be living without it and wish I had done it sooner.
alaska49 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote