View Single Post
Old 04-05-2011, 05:54 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi Beanogirl,

Sometimes the simple partial sz. can lead into different forms of sz. like complex partial sz. or absence sz. a lot of it depends on what is causing the sz. to begin with. If I may ask when you have a simple partial sz. do you get a nervous feeling in your stomach or do you see colors flashing in your eyes at all? I get these feelings and I was told to tighten up all the muscles in my body and make my hands into tight fists by doing this it will stop the sz. I learned about this from the neuro I had back in the late 1970's. Another thing you can do it start taking your temp. 4 times a day each time before you eat a meal and then again before you go to bed. Write down what your temp was and also count how many times a day you yawn and write down what time you yawn. Also write down your temp. after a sz. I was in a medical study last yr. where they have proven that the more yawning a person does the cooler the brain this in turn stops sz. If you get a feeling you are going to have a sz. take a cool wash cloth and put it on your face and on the back of your neck this will calm the neurons down in your brain and stop the sz. from happening. It works great for me. I wish you the best and May God Bless You!

Sue
Porkette is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote