View Single Post
Old 04-05-2011, 06:05 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadaction13 View Post
well, it may be my mind that's giving me nightmares, but I'd be very happy not to remember them or have them remembered less colorfully!!

Yeah, I'm RRMS. I dropped to 3 two days ago and my neuropathy seems already less bothersome - could it happen that fast???

lv jd
Sure JD, it could happen from one pill to the next. I took one extra 1.5 mg with my 3.0 mg and it caused bad spasms on that one nighttime dose. So back down again the next night. I find I have to take it 2 to 3 hours before bedtime. I go to bed late and perhaps my body takes longer to metabolize the drug.

I think it can accumulate too in our bodies, maybe too much absorbed, or not work as well over the years of a steady dosage, JMO. So going a bit lower for a few days may be a good thing for many people.

When I worked, I took Provigil so I could drive the long way to work and back without falling to sleep at the wheel. It worked and then seemed to stop. So I stopped it on the weekends and just took it on Monday to Friday and it worked again.

When we use drugs off-label, from the real purpose intended, we cannot be sure how it works in our bodies. So like with many medications, people have to take different dosages, or at different times, to work with our own unique age, body size, other medications we take, and how our bodies use the drug.

@Eddie,
I think you better take the whole pill of 4.5 and stir it well in a bit of water. Then take half of that paste water, which is 2.25 mg. I say this because my pills I have put in with sucrose or avercil (reg. filler like paper, and cheaper) some get lactose-free fillers, but my point is that they do not have to mix the LDN with the filler in the capsule. They can fill the capsule with the drug and then add filler in different machine after, to suit people. It can double the cost, btw.

So you left 1/2 in the capsule, and you took half another night. That other half could have the full dosage in the bottom of it. You may be taking filler only one night and LDN 4.5 mg the next. I can see the color of the drug and filler in my capsules, clearly two different colors.

We are getting the LDN amount prescribed, that we asked for, but the filler is put in like a cotton on top of a Aspirin bottle. To take up space because the drug is such a tiny amount of a 50 mg pill (as an example). Just a tiny chip to get 4.5 mg in each capsule.

Do you get my meaning? Some people order a 50 mg pill (like in Canada or online places) not Skip's. They crush it, and add 50 ounces of distilled water and stir well, and then refrigerate it. They use a medicine dropper, they shake first, and nightly take a dropper full of the dosage they take. I believe it lasts one month.

@Carol M, do you do it this way? Someone on here did, Lady Express did I know.

All just my opinion.

May happiness be at your door. May it knock early, stay late, and leave the gift of good health behind.

"Life is what it is". We can only focus on controlling those things we can control, we must let go of the things we can't.

Last edited by Lady; 04-05-2011 at 08:31 PM.
Lady is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
EddieF (04-12-2011), SallyC (04-05-2011)