View Single Post
Old 04-05-2011, 07:39 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Default Amanda? Dealing w/parents long-distance is ever soo hard!

My Husband & I have done it too much, too often to want to recall? But..in your case? I'd try and talk to her doctors? Sometimes they will, others not? But to get a truly good assessment and get the right help for her? It's something you've got to do...ASK! Find out what social services are available where she lives and IF you can maybe get some sort of medical power of attorney to help both your mother and dad get the best care needed when needed? Burning mouth mite be Sjogrens syndrome...Listed here? http://neuromuscular.wustl.edu/antib...n.html#sjogren
Sometimes doctors, do understand the problems of children dealing with long and short term care issues of their parents far away... We got lucky? I truly hope that you do get that way too!
And Trust me? The medical is easier than the financial! That stuff is downrite scary! But? It does work out well after all...
My heart goes out to you and your family! This stuff is NOT fun? But, best to now get some medical, practical and financial issues sorted out now? In so doing? It can be easier to get good things DONE! Hugs and hope truly!
's - j
dahlek is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote