Thread: Ketamine/RSD
View Single Post
Old 04-05-2011, 08:55 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I too dont think its right what the insurances and medicare does to patients by refusing to pay which actually in the long run especially if it makes them pain free its actually cheaper. I have a friend where her insurance would rather pay for 2 new stimulaters that cost over 35,000 each one so a total 70,000 each 2 years plus the cost for the hospital stay which is 24,000 a time, then pay for 1500 dollars a month. I know without the ketamine I would be going through more meds faster and in hospitals more the cost would be endless. Before the ketamine my insurance was having to probably pay around 35,000-40,000 a month due to hospital stays, intensive care units, ambulances, and meds. Now its under 4,000

I dont know why some insurances and medicare gives some patients harder times then others either, like several women getting the infusions faught for 8-10 years before getting accepted. While like me they accpeted me in 2 days. My doctor only charged me 1,000 a treatment but my insurance asked for an idamised(not sure on spelling?) bill where it shows exactly what every bit cost from the meds, nurse, all the way to the flushes for the iv's which they found out came to a total of 2,500, but my doctor said he still will only charge 1,000 but because that paper said it cost more they went and payed the full amount without even batting an eye. So if my insurance could do that for me without a care and dont for others. I dont think its right and really hurts me to see others in so much pain and basically causing them to get worse.If only there was a way to share the insurances( Iam kidding of course). I did see on Aetna ketamine infusions were written into their protocal but not sure how they are.

My carrier is Blue cross blue shield of Alaska.
Others who's insurances have accepted the treatments who are they with?
alaska49 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote