View Single Post
Old 03-02-2007, 05:53 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi Frogga! Well--wish me luck--I think i have the measurements converted for Scones, so I am off to the kitchen to give it a go!!!

So, you are familiar with the Harrods Ameer curry? I looked up Harrods web-site, and the customer service lady said they quit making it!!!

Maybe you all can provide a recommended "substitute"...honestly--the stuff here is AWFUL, just DISGUSTING!!

Naturally, the ingredients aren't listed on the Harrods Ameer mix I have, but if this helps, it is a very rich, reddish-brown colour (not that yukky yellow colour of the store-bought Madras curry...)

funny thing--I used to HATE curry, UNTIL the Harrods curry! Even my friends who also HATE curry, just LOVE THE AMEER blend! It is so smooth, kind of difficult to desrcribe the taste, but it is not at all like the yellow stuff!

Frogga- I sure hope that you will be able to eat REAL food again, or at least some yummy egg-custard for Easter! If I lived closer, I would make you up a nice big batch and bring it over to you! (and a replacement wheelchair, too--you have such a great, perky sense of humour--your story about how you got stuck in the lift with the broken wheel-chair was so VIVID! Your clients are just going to love you, so I hope that you get your van and new wheelchair SOON!)

Well--off to the kitchen for the Great Scone Escapade!!! If I converted the measurements properly from Artist's recipe, I will post that, just in case...

I have some heavy cream, so I am going to try to whip it in my stand-mixer--if I understand correctly, clotted cream is a lot stiffer than whipped cream, but not actually beat to the point that it is butter...well--it is worth a try!

THANKS for ALL THE TIPS!!!!!

Brokenwings
Brokenwings is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote