View Single Post
Old 04-06-2011, 08:26 AM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

and2tes,

It appears that your biggest problem is your anxiety. Your doctor gave you great advice. When you get back to your family, lay low. Don't try to be everything to everybody. Explain that you are recovering form a brain injury/concussion. Explain that you need quiet.

If they question you, download the TBI Survival Guide for them to read. It is a www.tbiguide.com

Take a shower first thing in the morning. Run the water over your face. It will help your circulation and get your eyes working better. Morning dry eyes seems to be a PCS symptom. I have it every morning.

Try to accept that your brain is under stress. Give it lots of time. Brains heal very slowly. Think of rehabilitating a torn muscle. Now multiply that times 10. The brain does not regenerate new neurons. It rehabs the injured ones. It needs good REM sleep to do this rehabbing. If your body says, "Take a nap" Then follow it and take a nap.

Multiple naps throughout the day will greatly enhance your recovery. I often take a nap after finishing breakfast.

Most important of all. Make a choice to stop worrying about everything. It slows recovery.

Read the TBI Guide, try to understand your symptoms, accept them and go on with a slower life.

My best to you.

"Be still and know that I am God" Psalm 46:10
Mark in Idaho is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
tamisue (10-19-2011)