Thread: Neuro tomorrow
View Single Post
Old 04-06-2011, 10:07 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Thank you for this information. I had no idea about this part of the dye story. I want to get the MRI the ENT ordered on my throat and so the swallow test.

I have been in a down trend since I went on the extra medication a while back. First it was the steroids, then morphine and then the vit D 50K. I got about 3 good weeks after the fluids and vit D started. Then a bigger decline with worse gastro symptoms came on and have gotten worse. I just realized this morn at this time of the year I am usually pretty darn good cause of the cold of winter. To be this bad is even a bigger deal in winter. I have been struggling so I hadnt even thought of that. Everyday is an exercise in putting out fires. I have gotten lost in that.

Annie59

Quote:
Originally Posted by suev View Post
Annie,

CT scans use a dye that contains an iodine compound. Some folks are allergic (esp. any one allergic to seafood) - - and many (most) MG'ers don't do well with it.

My neuro ordered a 'lite' contrast when they did my CT scan for thymus. Apparently, they can make a less concentrated mixture of the iodine if the orders call for it.

With MRI's - they use a completely different dye compound (no iodine) - and therefore no problem for most folks ... even MG'ers.

Since the CT was many days ago, any (negative) impact from the dye have likely passed by now.
Annie59 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote