View Single Post
Old 04-06-2011, 11:41 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsD View Post
Certain viruses (esp of the Herpes family of which there are many) use Arginine to replicate.

Many many people are infected with Herpes... up to 95% with simplex alone. Then there are the Zoster people...those who had chicken pox when younger (me for example).

When someone consumes high arginine containing foods, or supplements, this can activate the virus which lives in nerves.
Then symptoms occur. Infection with Herpes viruses are for LIFE. They live in the dorsal ganglia of the spinal cord.

That is why I don't put up arginine data more often ...it is a common recommendation now for hypertension, as well as erectile dysfunctions. I am suspect of high arginine without balancing the lysine. Lysine quiets viral replication when ratios become unbalanced.

Will agree on the Arginine causing problems. I take only Lysine 1000mg 2x per day and that keeps things right. I have come to the conclusion that at least in my case either the virus or toxin(along with the Prevacid and other pharmaceuticals I was prescribed)or combination of both weakened and damaged my endocrine system and especially my adrenal function. Taking things like glandular supplements and herbs like Ashwaghanda that boost adrenals and things like colostrum and herbs Ecklonia Cava that boost growth hormone will usually squash symptoms. In addition I have starting suppementing with extra zinc, manganese, copper and have found an extra boost from that. In my mind, anything that suppresses adrenal function as well as your gender specific optimum hormone levels(testosterone, DHT and estrogen) is highly detrimental to neuropathy. According to a natural doctor I saw in the past, most tests at conventional doctors don't test right for thyroid or adrenal function and really fuzz on hormones in general.

"A robot may not harm humanity or thru inaction allow humanity to come to harm."

-R. Daneel Olivaw
aeb105 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote