View Single Post
Old 04-06-2011, 12:22 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sueofct View Post
Hi. I have been dx with TOS but am so reluctant to accept. However everything else has been ruled out. Pain in both elbows and from my elbows to my hands has reached the untolerable level. It is constant. The only relief I get is when I lay down. Now getting the burning on the side of my neck too.

Is this severe burning pain a common symptom? My chiropractor has kept my shoulder and neck pain now under control.

I am truly at my wits end! Will have to stop working soon if I can't get this pain under control. From what I read here, surgery is not the answer.
Does it radiate from your elbow into your pinky finger (and maybe the one next to it?) It sounds like ulnar nerve entrapment at your elbow (aka cubital tunnel syndrome), a type of double crush nerve injury. Having thoracic outlet syndrome can make you more likely to get the ulnar nerve injury at your elbow, because the nerve is also being injured further up your body.

My very bad cubital tunnel symptoms resolved without surgery. (I still have TOS, however.) I think what worked was PT, meds, and -- above all -- stopping the activities that aggravated the symptoms. (I did have to stop working for a time, unfortunately. Actually, I really wish I had stopped sooner, my condition might not have escalated as far as it did.)

Good luck to you, and sorry you are dealing with this, I know it sucks.
Emmie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
(Broken Wings) (04-07-2011), Jomar (04-06-2011)