View Single Post
Old 04-06-2011, 01:32 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

the meds could be adding to it now...but when it first happened i had just had gallbladder surgery...they cut me about 10" on the right side of my abdomen i swelled up 25 lbs within a week. then it kept growing. hen a doctor said try prednisone so i did and it started to come off in buckets...then we a tapered off of it i started to swell again and then it became a cycle until the prednisone stopped taking it off and i kept growin. then i had the second surgery and it started growing back right away and hasnt stopped. i am seeing the neurologist friday, and he says he has drugs that work better as a anti inflammatory than the Mannitol i want to try. we will see after hee examines me.
i need help right away...this swelling if so fatiguing and heavy and hurts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreambeliever128 View Post
I had the abdominal swelling and was diagnosed with Motility Related Syndrome and Metabolic Syndrome which I am on Metformin and Amitiza for. It was brought on by taking meds for so long and I've never been one for staying on meds so it was mostly from trying them out and ending up with major constipation. Dubious sounds like he's on the right track with the med causing some of the problems.

Ada