View Single Post
Old 04-06-2011, 03:26 PM
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
In Remembrance

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aunt Bean View Post
Rick...it's been a week...is the quercetin still doing it's job and how much are you taking now? Are you still doing Bromelain with it and if so why???
Oh yes, it is still doing its job. I have run into an unexpected problem, however, that should not exist for most. You have heard Laura and I discussing our own weird problems? That involve a shifting of potassium from the blood into the cells and is triggered by insulin, which is normally what happens with the glucose from our food. Well, it seems that quercetin wants to help there as well, so it sparks up the endo system. Unfortunately, this means that my insulin is more efficient and, bottom line, gets in the way of the quercetin each morning. Actually, it is more complicated than that and if I'm not very careful to exercise at just the right time, I end up paralyzed for two hours.

But that arises from the overnight fast (called the "dawn phenomenon") and by noon things have flipped around and things work better than they have n a long time. I estimate that I have doubled the length of my "on" time and halved the daily dose over the last month. Dk almost gone too. Biggest problem is the insulin-potassium thing and I am sneaking up on it.

Took one cap yesterday w/400 mg qu and 100 mg brom. (I think the latter helps with absorption.)
Currently (2011) taking 200/50 Sinemet CR 8 times a day + 10/100 Sinemet 3 times a day. Functional 90% of waking day but fragile. Failure at exercise but still trying. Constantly experimenting. Beta blocker and ACE inhibitor at present. Currently (01/2013) taking ldopa/carbadopa 200/50 CR six times a day + 10/100 form 3 times daily. Functional 90% of day. Update 04/2013: L/C 200/50 8x; Beta Blocker; ACE Inhib; Ginger; Turmeric; Creatine; Magnesium; Potassium. Doing well.
reverett123 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Aunt Bean (04-07-2011)