View Single Post
Old 04-06-2011, 05:43 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by danijoel View Post
I'm in the US and am 8 weeks into IVIg for the treatment of Myasthenia Gravis but have had amazing results with regard to what I've always considered my primary disease process which is severe bilateral RSD (they call it CRPS these days.) Diagnosed in 1999, Surgical Sypathectomy in 2001 on left side when necrosis threatened to take my arm.

IVIg is absolutely amazing! I can't say enough about the results I've felt! This treatment has improved everything from the RSD, MG (yea!!) Diabetes, Fibro, and even my hypertension. The only thing that seems to remain the same is Asthma but I'm not looking a gift horse in the mouth!

I've had minimal side effects, headaches, and dermatitis on hands. No renal, or liver malfunction at all at this point. The pain in my arms has gone from an 8 to about a 5. This is amazing! Absolutely amazing! It has given me so much of my life back. I may not be 100% yet but who knows what the future holds.

It is expensive at $10,000 every 21 days for me but, my husband says he'd pay 10X that amount to have me back so I'm going to continue for as long as I can. Insurance pays for a large percentage and we will need to figure out the rest. In my opinion, you can't put a price on being able to hold your children and hug your spouse. You can't put a price on being able to really live your life...
Wow thank you so much for sharing that! I really appreciate all the information. I had one quick question. You mentioned that your insurance pays for a large %. Is that because you also were diagnosed with MG? As in they probably wouldn't pay for it if you just had RSD?
lovefamilypets is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote