Thread: Can you?
View Single Post
Old 04-06-2011, 05:53 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

(((dns))) I understand what you are saying. But I still can't emphasize enough to others how helpful a good therapist can be. I saw 3 different therapists before finding the perfect one for me. And it is work. At the age of 62, I am determined this time around to change some bad mental habits! (Wait, I think I'm 61, LOL, never can remember.) I know in the throes of depression and pain it's difficult just facing each day...let alone committing to being involved in talk therapy. I really do.

It's just so hard for people to make that first phone call. And just like antidepressants or meds in general, you can end up on a merry-go-round until you find the right med for you. To me, that's the same thing with therapists and 'shopping' for the right one can be so frustrating.

It's kinda sad to say, but being with this wonderful group we call NeuroTalk, gives me some comfort to know that others also are in the same boat. And we can glean from these amazing people a lot of good information and develop wonderful friendships along the way.

I do hope that you can see how much we all care though. Thank you for sharing what you have.

Sheesh, I've been talking a lot in here. I'm afraid I'm one of those who disappears from NT for long periods of time, but I think of everyone here every single day.

Bruna - rescued from a Missouri puppy mill
Doody is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Addy (04-07-2011), Alffe (04-07-2011), barbo (04-06-2011), da duck (04-07-2011), ginnie (04-07-2011), wishnomore (04-11-2011)