View Single Post
Old 04-06-2011, 09:38 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by reverett123 View Post
Oh yes, it is still doing its job. I have run into an unexpected problem, however, that should not exist for most. You have heard Laura and I discussing our own weird problems? That involve a shifting of potassium from the blood into the cells and is triggered by insulin, which is normally what happens with the glucose from our food. Well, it seems that quercetin wants to help there as well, so it sparks up the endo system. Unfortunately, this means that my insulin is more efficient and, bottom line, gets in the way of the quercetin each morning. Actually, it is more complicated than that and if I'm not very careful to exercise at just the right time, I end up paralyzed for two hours.
)
Two things:

How long did it take for you to benefit from increased "on time"? I seemed to get maybe a half hour longer from sinemet. I was hoping it might be that I just needed to have it in my system for a couple weeks. All they had at local health food place was 500 mg which I took once daily for a week. Was disappointed in results and left it alone. This week, I have had return of the paralytic weakness...on a less epic scale. I'll have a dose period where meds do not work and the weakness/can't walk bit dominates. It seems to always be the second dose of the morning no matter what actual time it is- this tells me it has to be potassium-insulin related. Usually eating something around same time helps; I can even have an egg and it seems to help. I have also noted that noshing on a banana keeps me smoother with meds over all. Beyond that, I really on Rick to figure out all the details :-)

Thing 2:

Prior to this week of weakness, I had two weeks of feeling really well. Very fluid forget I have PD kinda days (taking pills is like breathing now so not a big disruption. Those weeks I started curcumin and ensuring my blood sugar did not drop with a banana and crackers to keep me fueled at work.

I was shooting for the moon in trying to extend my on time but wanting it all fluid quality time. Looks like I can't have both :-( Rick, if you figure out the secret to this, please pm me.

Laura
Conductor71 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote