View Single Post
Old 04-06-2011, 11:10 PM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member

Alot of the items these people were stockpiling would expire before they'd get a chance to use them. Who on earth saves 100 bottles of salad dressing? I guess if you had a large family you might use up some of the items.

There's no way I'd go dumpster diving for coupon inserts, either. Not only is it not safe.....it's dirty! And that woman took her small child to do that. That is a little extreme.

I didn't watch the entire thing but I only saw one man donate any of his items. He donated 1,000 boxes of cereal to his church's food pantry.

It looked to me like they were going after specific items and not doing regular weekly shopping. One lady bought bunches of Butterfinger candy bars. I guess the thrill is just getting something free....regardless of it's nutritional content. I think I'll stick with fresh eating.
These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
Kitty is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Dejibo (04-07-2011), SallyC (04-06-2011)