View Single Post
Old 04-07-2011, 07:25 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Oh brother. Since this show aired, I have seen it profiled on The Today Show, our local news on every channel, everywhere. It's the story of the week.

My pastor and his family are sort of extreme couponers. They have a pastor's salary (His DW stays home and home school's their 4 kids. The kid's ages are 4,7,11,14. They told me yesterday their monthly food bill used to be 1,000, now they went shopping for ALL of March for less than $150.00. Now granted she gets helps clipping coupons and looking online from the older kids, but WOW, I also read in the paper that a local shopper buy's $300.00 worth of groceries for $4.88.

I don't know how they do it, as I haven't seen the show, but you bet your butt I am checking it out.

We get $250 of food stamps each month and that never lasts more than 2 weeks. It would be GREAT to stretch it.

I won't be stockpiling it up though, no room.

The best part of the story is something I didn't know, expired coupon's are still good oversea's to our troops for 6 months, I WILL be sending my expired coupons to our boy's (and girls) serving for our freedom.
"Thanks for this!" says:
Dejibo (04-07-2011), Kitty (04-07-2011), SallyC (04-07-2011)