View Single Post
Old 03-02-2007, 06:34 PM
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
Default several possibilities

First of all, there is more than one effect here. Symptomatic relief for Steve is a short term effect. Protection against further degeneration by quieting the immune system may be the case for Robert.

An additional possibility is endocrine effects on the HPA axis stress response resulting in Steve's sense calm at the podium.

Taking a "Multihit" viewpoint, these may be three entirely separate effects acting via independent mechanisms. And one or more may be dose dependent and there is a 50% spread between Steve and Robert. With endocrine affairs a little goes a long way as well.

Leaving Ashley out for now and just talking to the DM crew, have either of you tried either lower or larger doses?

And have either of you tried taking it at a different time of day?

-Rick

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevem53 View Post
The only rational basis that I can think of for my symptomatic relief so far is this..Robert and yourself have had pd for appox the same amount of time as myself..You began LDN about 2.5 years ago, as did Robert with the DM..(2 yrs ago)....If we were to play the devils advocate and assume that both of your progressions have been halted as the study suggests..or if it has slowed the progressions or masked your symptoms, or a combination of the above..and myself on the other hand..I definately have 2 years of uninterrupted progression..I have more symptoms to treat, keeping in mind that you both were in the early stages of pd when you began the LDN/DM regimen..Then again it could be that you are both in fact on the Sinamet honeymoon and I am merely enjoying the dopamine reuptake inhibitor consequences of DM..I think now that a few more folks in our community are interested in trying DM we will know one thing for sure..We still wont know for a number of years if it has halted our progressions but we will have some comparisons on symptoms
Currently (2011) taking 200/50 Sinemet CR 8 times a day + 10/100 Sinemet 3 times a day. Functional 90% of waking day but fragile. Failure at exercise but still trying. Constantly experimenting. Beta blocker and ACE inhibitor at present. Currently (01/2013) taking ldopa/carbadopa 200/50 CR six times a day + 10/100 form 3 times daily. Functional 90% of day. Update 04/2013: L/C 200/50 8x; Beta Blocker; ACE Inhib; Ginger; Turmeric; Creatine; Magnesium; Potassium. Doing well.
reverett123 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote