Thread: Ketamine/RSD
View Single Post
Old 04-07-2011, 08:35 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Thanks so much! The information you have provided in this thread has truly been so encouraging, I have many RSD friends here in RI who have not been able to afford to pay our ONLY provider for hundreds of miles the $1,500-$2,000 required for each infusion (really - who CAN afford that??) Most of my friends are insured, but the insurance companies claim they won't cover ketamine infusions for RSD. I am covered by WC, but my authorizations periodically expire and then my doc cuts me off from any services until the court approves a new contract. I am only 4 weeks away from termination now. But I also have United Healthcare through my job and wouldn't have to worry if I could just use that.

Take care. BTW, where do you live? And where does your daughter go to school?

XOXOX Sandy

Quote:
Originally Posted by betsykk View Post
More and more doctors are using ketamine every month. My daughter got it from a doctor who is NOT on any list. She went in through the ER a few times and was admitted. When the resident called me about it (she is away at college), I told him the only thing I thought might help were ketamine infusions. They were aware of ketamine and took the time to investigate and ultimately ended up giving it to her twice. Sometimes you just have to keep working it. And remember, she was an ER admit. Insurance had to take care of whatever the doctor ordered. Don't know all insurance coverages but this was BC.
SandyRI is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote