View Single Post
Old 03-02-2007, 06:47 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hey IHH

It appears you got that quote from ARC - which is a UK publication/ support group for people with arthritis.

Firstly, I would like to say their booklets are pretty dreadful and really really useless (though over time they have improved!) and secondly, a lot of drs in the UK believe that full body RSD = fibromyalgia. Weird I know.

I don't agree with the statement - I have full body RSD. But then again many of the people I know who have RSD have it only in one limb. Also, alot of drs say it's not the RSD that's spread it's the over compensation - for instance, RSD in right leg - so more pressure on left leg to behave and then because of, say, crutches or something your arms hurt from using them. These then turn into a kind of RSD pain (this is how a dr tried to explain a "spread" to me..

ignore ARC publications - they are designed to be a) non scary b) simplistic and c) in many cases wrong - and just written on folk lore.

FRxxxxxxx