View Single Post
Old 04-07-2011, 10:14 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quercetin is found in abundance in apples, as in "an apple a day..."

Quote:
Originally Posted by reverett123 View Post
This potassium shift problem is going to render worthless anything I report in-so-far as the rest of us are concerned. If anyone else is testing this, any data would be particularly valuable.

Laura-
I noticed improvement the first day but I have not had another as good. I'll take a guess at what is going on, though- One of the claims for Qu is that it helps with insulin resistance. Anything that increases the flow of glucose from blood to cell may very well do the same with potassium, thus leading to our problem. Things that buffer insulin release (such as an egg for breakfast or "grazing" instead of having a meal) act to smooth things out.

Also, there is what is called "the dawn phenomenon". During the night, glucose and insulin both drop. Along about 6:00 AM and until 9 AM or so, our liver starts rebuilding the glucose levels in the blood and the pancreas starts upping the insulin to move that glucose into the cells. As a result of this our systems differ from morning to night and what works in morning behaves differently in evening.

Right now, I am taking the Qu at dinner and it has resulted in a much longer and improved evening for me. But if I try to start the day with it, then I'm shot for the morning. So I'm trying to get that sorted out. Two things- exercise timing should have a big impact and adrenaline as well. The former positively and the latter negatively.
pacem is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Conductor71 (04-07-2011)