View Single Post
Old 04-07-2011, 10:36 AM
Elder

10 yr Member
Elder

10 yr Member
Default choice

Yes, many people read this site. I understand that for many just talking about the word suiside is bad. However I believe talking about it is better than letting it fester just below the surface. I am doing just fine in life right now, but I have been to the darker side of the issue. When my health declines to the point that having life in an unforgiveable state of cronic illiness, you can bet I won't be the one hanging on with multipal tubes keeping me alive. I have choice. This isn't about depression, or causes that can be helped, this is about irriversable illness which leaves you in a non-human condition in which life becomes a real hell. I have seen it at the hospital. I am not pleased with what I see. I will know what to do. This is education to me. I intend to live a good long long life if I can. Being prepared for the worst that can happen isn't a bad thing. It is like preparing for a hurricane you know is coming right at you. I hope the moderators of this site will not be upset with me for my opinion, I don't want to rock any boats or anything. I just know for myself only, that joining a compassion minded group was right for me. There is a whole movement in the US to at least touch on the forbidden subject with an open mind. I wish for us all to have good long lives. ginnie
ginnie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Addy (04-07-2011), Alffe (04-07-2011), barbo (04-07-2011), Doody (04-12-2011), lebelvedere (04-08-2011), linda_sd02 (04-11-2011), Mark56 (04-07-2011)