View Single Post
Old 04-07-2011, 01:53 PM
Elder

10 yr Member
Elder

10 yr Member
Talking Re: compassion/different groups

Sometimes people are not given all the information on compassionate organizations, or there is a mis-truth being passed about. The group I belong to is about living well while we can. They present the newest advances info on MS, PN,. The organization put out a fantastic letter this month entitled Palliation, research is given on prostrate cancer,melanoma trial results, ms about "gilena" findings, melanoma and braf-.canabinoids in lateral sclerosis, cronic fatique and virus clues. All this from an organization that is associated only with end of life issues. That is far from the truth. I did look into most of the groups in the world. I joined this particular one over a decade ago. I intend to live a long, and as comfortable life as I can. I will be here many years if I have my say. Yet I wanted assurances, more information, more compassion. Read this months issue of Final Exit. It has good people in this organization also, or I would not have joined. What is different, is that you can really say whats on your mind and somebody listens. ginnie I do not encourage endings, but learning, and ending my own fears. I am not real big on prolonged sufferings. I do have advanced directives legally in place too.
ginnie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Addy (04-08-2011), Alffe (04-12-2011), barbo (04-07-2011), Mark56 (04-07-2011)