View Single Post
Old 04-07-2011, 02:17 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonny1 View Post
Well I learned today that I was denied SSD. So on to appeal, which may not be bad since my diagnosis of CRPS came after applying for SSD. but to quote part of their denial report...
"Based on your age of 40, your education (associates degree in Criminal Justice) and years of work experience, we feel you could do light work for example:frequently carrying and lifting 20 lbs and walking/standing for most of the work day. This would be a suitable job as there is not much holding, grasping or otherwise working with your hands."

I seriously had to laugh at that, not to mention they say "your medical does show you have had a hand problem, but it is stabilized."

So no mention regarding the established depression & anxiety and no mention of the fact that both of my hands have problems. ( my left thumb is completely fused and right thumb is half fused.) (not saying that alone would allow me SSD) but to say it is stable? what does that mean? It is permanently damaged and has almost no use, is that considered stable? I knew going in to this is was going to be another fight, but ok then, on we go!
im going thru the same thing as you.i just had my "VA"concilor call me about it today.but you are so correct on the qualification on getting "SSD".i didnt go to college(blue collar),im a bit older(55yrs),and i cant lift or stand at all.the hardest part that you have working against you is your age and education level.im from NYalso just like you.i know what theyre like here
don1956 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote