View Single Post
Old 04-07-2011, 06:48 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Hello Everyone, I'm Brand New

Greetings, everyone! It is very nice to be a part of this site finally. Truth is, that I've thought about it for a long time. I am a 42 year old father of 2(7,9) and am fighting the same battle as you folks! I was diagnosed with IPN about two years ago when I began to experience tingling and numbness all over my body. Naturally, I thought it was associated with the herniated disc I have in my neck(c-5/c-6), but apparently that isn't possible according to my doctor! In these two years, my life has changed quite a bit. The occurances of the symptoms seem to be almost constant recently(5 months)
tingling, heaviness in the legs, buzzing, tinnitus, aches and pains in my muscles and joints, cramping, burning sensations, the usual suspects! I have had MRI's, CT's, blood tests, diabetes tests, and the only thing that wasn't "normal" was my Vitamin D. However, I don't know if that is true or not. I am trying to get another appointment with my neurologist but that is 4 months out(small town life). My reason for being here is to garner advice and guidance on how to deal with this from the people who live it every day!!!!!! Now the questions:

Has anyone had success with vitamin supplementation, and if so, what types of supplementation?

How about medications? I am not a medication taker usually, but these symptoms have me re-thinking things.

Any therapies to consider?

I have kind of started to get discouraged because of the way things have deteriorated recently. Two nights ago was the worst night I've had with this condition, it was brutal!!!! The absolute worst thing for me is to try and explain this thing to my wife and loved ones, they don't seem convinced!!!!!

Thank you all!!!!
JBlom is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote