View Single Post
Old 04-07-2011, 09:34 PM
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
In Remembrance

15 yr Member

Lindy-

Take a look back at my first post on this thread. They are talking about using it to increase the effectiveness of the synthetics and ascribing a joint MAOI and COMT inhibitor action against cataleptic rats. To me, the latter is similar to freezing.

I would like to know however, just how minimal doses of sinemet would affect things. And would just using it with our own dopamine stores do anything? -Rick

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindylanka View Post
Rick, and Aunt Bean, I read somewhere that it is best to take these bioactive natural supplements separately from pharmaceutical medications, that their efficacy is reduced by the chemicals. I mention this because Rick said that he takes his with sinemet. I wonder if either of you had a view on this. I have not experimented sufficiently to know one way or another. They recommended leaving a two hour gap, something that is just about possible if wearing off is not too fast........

I have followed this thread with great interest, especially about the apple link as I had a sudden improvement following a couple of days of drinking (very expensive) organic fresh apple juice on special offer, very unexpected, and am thinking of looking for some quercetin. Goodness knows, the drugs we are prescribed do not enough for what we take them for, and too much that we would choose to lose.....

Lindy
Currently (2011) taking 200/50 Sinemet CR 8 times a day + 10/100 Sinemet 3 times a day. Functional 90% of waking day but fragile. Failure at exercise but still trying. Constantly experimenting. Beta blocker and ACE inhibitor at present. Currently (01/2013) taking ldopa/carbadopa 200/50 CR six times a day + 10/100 form 3 times daily. Functional 90% of day. Update 04/2013: L/C 200/50 8x; Beta Blocker; ACE Inhib; Ginger; Turmeric; Creatine; Magnesium; Potassium. Doing well.
reverett123 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Conductor71 (04-16-2011)