View Single Post
Old 04-08-2011, 04:12 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustIC$ View Post
Hi Tracy, Keith here. I have been taking lyrica since 2008 and am weening my self off finally. Its funny you mentioned weight gain because ive gained about 40 lbs I used to weigh 210 and that was during the holidays seems like no matter what I keep buying 2x shirts.. I get vicious headaches if I just stop taking it but it takes me about a week to stop taking it in gradual does downs

Hi All,

I also gained weight with Lyrica, 70lbs. I had to go off it within 3 months of taking it. At that point I had only gained like 20lbs but even after I got off of it, and I just stopped because it was not very long that I was taking it, the weight still kept coming. I also am hypothyroid my doctor thought I had to get that reevaluated which I did and I was on a dose of synthroid that was to low. So between the lyrica and the thyroid forget it I balloned like a hippo I was so upset.

Last April I started to worked out, had my synthroid increased, changed how I was eating, I hate the word diet, and have lost 45 of those horrible 70lbs so far. I feel so much better. I had gotten so out of shape I just horrible and I made my RSD worse,I think. Just holding all that weight I'm only 5' 2".

Goodluck to all.

Gabbycakes
gabbycakes is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote