View Single Post
Old 04-08-2011, 09:26 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by untilthebell View Post
Hi everybody. My husband has many health conditions. Reactive arthrits being one. In your opinion whch one of these anti- inflammatory's drugs (Mobic, Celebrex or Ibuprofen )are most effective, yet having the least side effects.

Due to a couple stomach ulcers his doctors told him to avoid Ibruprofen. Yet after a month he doesnt seem to feel mobic helps.

IS Celebrex much better?

Thank You
Thank you for a very timely post for many. Due to an aortic valve replacement, my hubby has had to give up his beloved ibuprophen. He took 10 on an average day but now it's Tylenol and Tramadol. He was a farrier for about 30 yrs. He also used DMSO, with good results, he said. He wants me to use it on my back, etc. It can really burn, though. I may start with a small amt. and go from there. He can get it at the racetrack, rather than a health store, where it is much more expensive. They have used it for years on racehorses. FYI, TENS units have also been used on horses for a long time. I'm using hubby's when I think about it. The unit is expensive. He got his free from the VA, where he gets excllent care. I wish I had his health care! I'm waiting tp get medicare in two years. Free clinic for me till then. It's better than no health care at all and I am grateful for it.

Anyway, I was on Celebrex for a while, but the free clinic gives naprosyn. I have never been able to tolerate aspirin or ibuprogen because of hx of duodenal ulcer and chronic gastritis. The naprosyn seems okay, though.
I've never used Mobic or given it to a pt. I would like to know what it is. Is it new?

I wish I could be more helpful. I'm sure you'll get some good help here, though.