View Single Post
Old 04-08-2011, 11:41 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Is CRPS taken in to account for permanancy rating?

Hi all,

Not sure where to go for this ????. Brief story. WC case started in 2006 with carpal tunnel (bilateral) progressed into multiple joint fusions & replacements in both hands/thumbs. 10 procedures in all. I now have CRPS (they have me diagnosed in one hand but it is in both) and have been treating with a pain mgmt. doctor. I have tried new med's, have had 2 nerve blocks and additional PT (needle in front of neck~UGH) without much benefit, actually the 2nd one caused more pain, but enough of that.

I am wondering since my surgeon has no more surgical remedies and IF I decide to stop this crazy treatment (or lack there of) does the CRPS become part of my PPD rating? ( I am in NY)

WC IC wants me to look for work, however I do not even know what my exact restrictions would be. I tried looking a bit but got so stressed because of the pain & stress of being under the WC thumb. (not that I am doing anything wrong, just tired of them controlling my life) I am ready to be done with WC I guess is my point...

thnx

Live, Laugh, Love~
Sonny1 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote