View Single Post
Old 04-08-2011, 02:53 PM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

The assistant is the one that works with me too, most of the time. But, I've noticed that the two PT's that basically run the place are always watching, even if they're helping someone else. They ask me questions on how I'm doing.

At least once a week, one of the PT's will grab my chart, ask me questions about things that are going on and then will make notes.

At the beginning I balked at a lot of the exercises, because I didnt feel like I could do them. They gave me a couple of weeks and then tried again to get me to do them, and at that point, I figured "I'm feeling better, let's try it".

If the PT's are acting like they've given up on you, give up on them and go find a new PT. Just call your doctor and tell them the PT therapist and you dont mesh and you want a new Rx to go somewhere else. (that's if you're in an area that has more than one group of PT places)

What I like about my PT, is now that I'm in there doing it, they're addressing a few problems that I've had for years. I ruptured my achilles tendon in 2001 (10yrs ago this month) and never had PT for it. Some of the exercises they're making me do are helping that, and I've always had bad knees. Since these are areas that are probably contributing to my balance being wonky, I'm getting help for that stuff.

I still feel neurologically wobbly, but I feel like the physical stuff that was making me more wobbly is starting to get better. I'll take any improvement I can get.

I've also noticed that some of my numbness isnt as annoying now that I'm moving around. Think I might be losing some weight and that's probably helping that too. I think some of my numbness isnt all from the MS. I think I might have some other health problems that are contributing to the numbness. (I need to get checked for diabetes again)

~ "Animals have two functions in society. To taste good and to fit well." ~ Greg Proops, actor ~
Erin524 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
debw (04-08-2011)