View Single Post
Old 04-08-2011, 10:40 PM
Grand Magnate

10 yr Member
Grand Magnate

10 yr Member
Heart The Waiting Seems Long

The waiting is also definitely hard! We understand here on this forum. If the Trial went well, we yearn for the permanent that much more. You are SO close to the date though that it will seem to accelerate now..... Did I get this done? Have I made those preparations so they are not last minute? Do I have help lined up with the little ones for that time of healing which will follow the permanent implant? Did I get those yoga pants someone said might be a good idea? And on and on and on until it is the night before and the magic hour of 10 pm rolls around and you are drinkning water like it is going out of style because you want plump veins for the next day. You have a last snack, because there is no breakfast on the big surgery day. You go to bed and try to get some sleep, or at least some rest. Oh, and the REAL BIGGIE- YOU WILL HAVE STOPPED ALL ASPIRIN USE AT LEAST TWO WEEKS BEFORE SURGERY. Big sticky note for that one on your mirror.

Your doc or doc's PA will remind you of all of the pre-surgery instructions, but that aspirin one caught me one time so we had to reschedule one of my procedures because I had taken aspirin one week before surgery. This is because of the care taken to avoid your blood being too thin as they have surely told you.

THEN, it is here. You have it! You carefully heal, and then by Summer may be taking careful walks to the park or just getting out in the back yard to watch the little ones play, being mindful you will still want to have help with them at this time. Then building block by building block and piece by piece your life will begin to re-emerge. Do not be surprised as you have read on here that tweaks may be necessary to your programs. We programmed mine for the first time weeks after surgery to allow me to get beyond surgical pain. Yours may go similarly. Then, taking it easy, you start life after surgery with little steps, therapy, and growth to the point that you hopefully feel as I do, energized by the new management of pain that allows life more fully than you have known it for quite a while!!

Soon, very soon Jan, [This is where Rae would put a clock face smiley]
Mark56z
Mark56 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
edever34 (04-15-2011), janj77 (04-09-2011), Rrae (04-09-2011)