View Single Post
Old 04-09-2011, 12:27 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSD_Dan View Post
Hi my name is Dan and I'm a 20 year old male who was in good health until a work related injury followed by a injury playing basketball caused a bad bone bruise and a tear in my illiotibial band. After the doc realized I was in much more pain than I should be and noticed how sensitive my skin had become to touch, he referred me to pain management.

Yesterday I had a sympathetic nerve block done on my L3 vertebrae (feel free to correct me if I'm getting that wrong) and the back pain has become unbearable, they plan on doing 2 more next week but I'm afraid.. From what I've read this isn't always the most effective treatment and the back pain seems to be spreading to my entire lower back, and is quite severe, I can barely bend or twist and riding in a car (even a whole day+ after) is incredibly painful.

Could this be a sign of RSD worsening? And what other treatments are most successful? I am currently on lyrica and endocet, which help somewhat but not entirely.. I also am on anti-anxiety meds which help calm my brain a bit cuz I'm kind of freaking out.

Any suggestions/advice is much appreciated.

-Dan

Have you had an MRI to rule out lumbar disc hernia or other axial pathology?

When you hear stampeeding hoofbeats, think horses not zebras....

I'm not say'in....I'm just say'in...
Dubious is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote