View Single Post
Old 03-02-2007, 09:53 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Exclamation Dragon

With Dragon I read everything to it. Not just the one story that stops at a certain training point but keep going.

I read the Alice in Wonderland, Then the space oddysee, then JFK speech. Not sure what they use now, but the more I read it learned my voice.

Read the book to utilize some shortcuts too. I am not as adempt as some dragon users that set up macros for all kind of shortcuts, but I can lear how to use the prompts; "correct that". It gives me a list after it highlights it and then I can choose.

I used a headset that came with it for a long long time, and had maybe three words on the whole document I was preparing for school. By using doctors names and saying correct that as they misspelled,, I would type it correct and everytime after that it spelled it correct.

There are ways to teach it to spell each letter, to say numbers, hyphen, dash, comma, period, get familar with it.

Even the first time with minimal amount of training and the few ways I elarned to spell things, I had a great releif to my hands.

My only problem now is sitting ehre with everyone listening to me dictate.
Especially my youngest when she would sing or make lound sounds into my mic when I was working.

Take the time to really use it for everything.
I am not sure if you can train this version to open the desk top and Internet and go ti sites, but the professional version that Witnessea used she could.
I have not seen her post in a month but will ask if she drops by.

I woiuld like to learn how to teach it to change fonts, BOLD, underline, set margines and everything...but I am not sure this version even will.
Good luck!
Dianne

Pocono area, PA

DiMarie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote