View Single Post
Old 04-09-2011, 08:48 AM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Default Hi Teri,

I've got plenty to be grateful for. 2 grandson's, one graduated early in January and is living with me due to my daughter and her husband moving to far away for him to finish. My youngest grandson just got promoted from Sophmore to Junior and my May month is busy with 3 graduations, a wedding and a play and my sister coming up to visit. I have a lot of good friends, not lacking in that department at all. I hear from someone around here everyday.

I also have 3 good friends from Ky. here in Co. and we talk often so I'm not alone.

As far as councellors, been there, done that. I am not one for taking pills. Prozac and Zoloft made me more suicidal so I had to go off of them years ago tried others that I either couldn't take or did nothing for me.

My PCP is there for me day or night if I need to talk and he does listen, it's just that sometimes he needs to step back and think what to do for me next. We are waiting for my PT to end to see how that does for me. He doesn't want me to have to go through a hip replacement. When I go back in, he will have a new ideal. He has actually got me involved in volenteering at a Nursing home. He introduced me to one of my Ky friends and I help her some with her business when I'm bored. We talked for an hour yesterday but as I told him, in the past 2 months my health as gotten worse so that has brought my depression on more.

I think with my kids moving away which they are only about a 2 hour drive and my oldest graduating and getting ready to go off to college with his girlfriend, that is most likely adding to it. My youngest comes down on weekends to stay so I'm not missing out on seeing him. He is doing the Scarecrow in the Wizard of Oz in May so I will be up there for some time.

My life is full but my condition drives me nuts. My CFS is kicking my but due to warmer weather,

I have 6 brothers and sisters that live in Ky. but call me often. They get worried if they don't hear from me.

So you see my life IS full, my mind is depressed. LOL

Everyday is a challenge to keep myself going lately. My Nurse is having lunch with me here soon. I'm friends with all 4 of them so I have good care, but depression doesn't care what is going on in your life, good or bad, it's there when it wants to be.

Thanks for the help.
Ada
dreambeliever128 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote